top of page



If you have concerns about the service you have received from the dentist or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know straight away. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of a NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our system adheres to national criteria.


How to complain


We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible- ideally, within a matter of days. This will enable us to establish more easily what happened. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem, or

  • within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident


Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager, Mrs S. Homes or Dr A. K. Afshary. You can contact us by telephone or by writing to the practice. We will ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.


What happened next?


We shall acknowledge your compliant within three working days and aim to have investigated your complaint within ten working days of the date you raised it with us. We will then be in a position to offer you an explanation. In investigating your compliant, we shall aim to:

  • find out what happened and what went wrong

  • make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like to do this

  • make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate

  • identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again




In order to investigate any complaint there may be a need to share information with other members of staff or other dental professionals. If you are not happy with this, please let us know at the initial contact.


Complaining on behalf of someone else


Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality. if you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (may due to physical or mental illness) of providing this.


What if I am still unhappy?


We hope that if you have a problem, you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe this will provide the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong, and we welcome an opportunity to improve our services. if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us, or are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation NHS patients may contact:


Complaints Manager

NHS England

Parkside House

Quinton Road




bottom of page